Home Sign-Up Games Forums Help NetNexus Messaging System 
Username  Password 
  General  |  Nations  |  Terran Legacy  |  WaR2: New Horizons  |  Lemonade Stand  
Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Subject: Netnexus users: Where are they(you) now?(Replies: 64   Views: 4024)
Desideo said on: 05/08/14 11:19 am
(3640 Days, 18 Hrs, 56 Min, 9 Sec ago)

It's simple: Post where you were in life when you actively frequented and used this site and where you are now. e.g. Career, where you live,your general outlook on life, what do you do etc. Try not to boast as others may be less as fortunate.

I'm curious as to the progress in life many of you have made. I'm curious as to how you have all changed.

Thanks.

[Added at 05/08/2014 11:23:33 by Desideo]
Oh and I don't want to know about how long you've been a user here or how cool your super low user I'd is. I want to hear about You. :)

(Desideo has posted: 186 forum posts)
User ID: 2753 / Joined: 10/6/2002
Sal said on: 05/08/14 6:43 pm
(3640 Days, 11 Hrs, 32 Min, 1 Sec ago)

When I frequented this website regularly I was working out and trying to become a pro strongman.

I got my pro card and then I dropped a 400lbs farmer's walk handle on my ankle. It detached the tendon and crushed the heel bone. That paired with previous muscle tears and some minor injuries ended my career (3 weeks after getting the damn card!)

At the time, my friend owned a music studio and since I was pretty depressed about the whole strongman thing, I quit working out entirely and made a piano album. He was pretty impressed with my work and hired me as a composer.

Worked there for 2 years and quit a few months ago to pursue working out in the gaming industry.

That's where I'm at now.

_____
Michael Santer
E-mail : Sal.isagod@gmail.com

<Loki (Vip)> DN, Sal is the "organise a super power clan and whipe everyone off the face of the board" master

You want to know how to rank? Learn it all here:
http://www.freewebs.com/salisagod
(Sal has posted: 1366 forum posts)
User ID: 29307 / Joined: 4/4/2006
Red said on: 05/09/14 8:46 am
(3639 Days, 21 Hrs, 29 Min, 39 Sec ago)

Was in an accelerated nursing program in the Washington DC area years ago when this site was frequented often. At the moment, I've been working here and there around the east coast for the past several years in hospitals after getting my BSN. I'm currently living and working in the Bronx, NYC.

I guess I haven't been in touch much. I never got into many social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, I suppose that I keep to myself and family, at most times :p. Haven't gotten married, either.

Just a busy bee :). I have traveled a lot over the past few years, to European destinations, the Middle East, and around the continental USA and some of South America in Argentina.

Out of time now, so if I can get more into it, I will. But I like topics like these :)

I want to know what BLAKE IS DOING

Red siggy go where?
(Red has posted: 946 forum posts)
User ID: 8149 / Joined: 3/9/2003
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 05/10/14 2:42 pm
(3638 Days, 15 Hrs, 33 Min, 15 Sec ago)

Blake? Blake's not doing too much, I suppose. Blake went to school to be a nurse and was getting ready to transfer to an x-ray technician program - ultrasound specialization, when he decided that he really missed computers. Working at a clinic made him come to that stark realization that computers are awesome.

He got a job as a programming manager for a small start up, was recruited away by a bigger company, and then recruited away again to the place he currently works. He has a baby due June 14th and is loving life.

Was it weird that Blake wrote that in third person?

~Iron

ps, this number is actually negative ^

Show that you love me and the puppies won't die!
Paypal: admin@wworkshop.com

ShadowLord69 said on: 05/13/14 12:38 pm
(3635 Days, 17 Hrs, 37 Min, 17 Sec ago)

hmmm.

lets think, 5 years ago I was a night auditor, then I moved on to looking at opening a pizza franchise (panago) numbers didn't work so well. then I started as a salesman for a company got promoted to sales manager and did that for a while.

currently left all that behind and im doing Sharia law studies and Arabic studies with Quran Recitation. I have a two year old daughter (june 19) and my wife is due in december with our second child inshallah.

I drive cab for income and may buy my own. currently living in kelowna and quite enjoying myself.

http://www.netnexus.com/forums/nations/nations.php?665880
[2. main] TBrown has been muted by TBrown for 1 minute (as per shadow's request)
[2. main] Jing turns to Leroy and bows.
[2. main] Stoutn (Vip): Just remember you love her and killing her isnt worth it ^^
Manchester United Rocks! w00t!
3. ShadowLord69 of WaterRealm 1 165.39 77
Teh Fascist's
(ShadowLord69 has posted: 1141 forum posts)
User ID: 16406 / Joined: 11/27/2003
Red said on: 05/14/14 6:42 am
(3634 Days, 23 Hrs, 33 Min, 4 Sec ago)

Congratulations Blake! And yes, it was weird to recite that in the third person.

I'm glad you went back to the area of work that you enjoy the most. I've learned that's the best way to work for a living, doing something you like (the same way I like helping sick people :P).

:)

Red siggy go where?

Extra Functions: Edit Post
CRACKER_JACK said on: 05/15/14 1:38 pm
(3633 Days, 16 Hrs, 37 Min, 56 Sec ago)

Lets see in the past 12 years, finished University, moved to Panama, met my wife, got 3 past her when she was sleeping or not paying attention, moved back to canada, working as a Land Surveyor. Now i taxi my kids to Hockey in winter and Ball in the summer.

My life in 5 lines.

Also still waiting for everyone to quit so i can get my 1st win!

(CRACKER_JACK has posted: 49 forum posts)
User ID: 1639 / Joined: 7/10/2002
Dealer1 said on: 06/10/14 10:04 am
(3607 Days, 20 Hrs, 11 Min, 33 Sec ago)

In the last 15 years, I finished my postgrad, worked in san francisco for a start up, backpacked europe for some months, worked for awhile in beijing earning a pittance, but finally settled down in singapore. I have had coffee/tea with 2 of the top 15 billionaires in the world, but am nowhere near being as rich. I earn very modest income working for the singapore government as a trade policymaker/negotiator, but am content where I am today.

(Dealer1 has posted: 78 forum posts)
User ID: 45 / Joined: 6/3/2002
Vegito said on: 06/13/14 2:35 am
(3605 Days, 3 Hrs, 40 Min, 29 Sec ago)

I was young, I was a kid. I was in school, I don't remember which school. It was near the end of elementary school / beginning of highschool.

I had lots of fun here on netnexus. I met great people, I had fun with the games, I had fun in the forums, in the chat. I fell for someone on here. My computer always did suck though. I was a kid, we were not well off. It would take 15+ minutes to boot my computer and get into chat, and sometimes I'd lag out, but still had great times. I'd stay here late into the night, talking to whoever happens to pass by in chat. It was a lot more active back then. We were a strong community with strong members. Members who's names preceded them. Legends, if you will. Those were good times.

Since then, I've done a lot. I graduated highschool, went to learn programming, and then I feel like life really started to pick up. I got a job in games. Worked for Capcom. Worked for EA. Worked for myself. Met a nice girl. She was Japanese and we flew off to Japan to live together for a while. Had many adventures. Now I'm back home with her. We're engaged, getting married soon. I'm back to working in the games industry, doing free2play games now. Job is going great. I own my own place, my own car. That's me now.

I have good things in my life. But, oh what I wouldn't give to re-live some of my moments here on NN. I'll truly treasure those moments.

I don't know why I'm back here after so long, but here I am. I hope this site never dies. That'll be a sad day. For me and for more than a handful of others I'm sure.

(Vegito has posted: 103 forum posts)
User ID: 3897 / Joined: 11/6/2002
Desideo said on: 06/15/14 2:56 am
(3603 Days, 3 Hrs, 19 Min, 24 Sec ago)

Nicely put Vegito. Worked at Capcom and EA? So my guess is Burnaby(I live down the road from EA/BCIT). Good to hear back from everyone else as well. Keep them coming.

LagunaCid said on: 06/15/14 11:19 am
(3602 Days, 18 Hrs, 56 Min, 40 Sec ago)

I joined NN as a Brazilian teenager with awful English. I've since immigrated to Canada with my family (Burnaby, hi) and grew a lot. Now I am about to move to Seattle to work as a software engineer. Very excited!

I definitely would not be able to guess that my life would be going in this direction when I registered here.

(LagunaCid has posted: 1095 forum posts)
User ID: 16367 / Joined: 11/25/2003
Red said on: 06/15/14 7:11 pm
(3602 Days, 11 Hrs, 4 Min, 16 Sec ago)

With so many lovely minds and kids becoming adults, what is stopping us from re-living those moments, Vegito?

Can't we improve NetNexus, or is it futile without the owners who seem to be paying for the domain for decades. lol

Red siggy go where?

Gemz said on: 06/20/14 7:46 am
(3597 Days, 22 Hrs, 29 Min, 28 Sec ago)

kid... highschool. did the whole military thing... now just relaxing at a cake job doing genetic research on chickens

!oh, seXy meh!
<ABrown (Admin)> i remember when you first started playing gemz... don't remember much.. just that I had to keep an eye on you

"Of all the tyrannies on human kind.
The worst is that which persecutes the mind."

USMC
(Gemz has posted: 865 forum posts)
User ID: 21134 / Joined: 6/28/2004
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 06/22/14 4:26 pm
(3595 Days, 13 Hrs, 49 Min, 22 Sec ago)

I wouldn't say this place is without owners. It's merely without owners who have time. :(

~Iron

(IronSinew (Admin) has posted: 499 forum posts)
User ID: 8 / Joined: 6/3/2002
Red said on: 06/23/14 6:55 am
(3594 Days, 23 Hrs, 20 Min, 52 Sec ago)

It's obvious they haven't had time for several years up to a decade, but why does that hinder absolutely any progress? I am sure there are willing minds with more free time that can contribute, it's more about trust and management than anything else.

If you need me to stay mum, then I can :P. But I, for one, and probably in accordance with a few others here, would love to see this place shine with a minor update once in a while, even if user driven without any sort of real development plan.

Red siggy go where?

Elmy said on: 06/24/14 12:29 am
(3594 Days, 5 Hrs, 46 Min, 27 Sec ago)

Never went to post secondary due to family/financial issues. Worked a few poo poo ty jobs, ended up at a call center for Apple iTunes support.

Worked my way up to Team Leader over the span of 3 years, but the whole time I was really just getting bored of what I was doing and wanted a change. Started volunteering at different organizations to broaden my interests, one of those was St John Ambulance which piqued my interest in emergency services and I had thoughts of becoming a paramedic (still do at times).

Volunteering at SJA opened up some opportunities/connections. I ended up finding out about an ambulance dispatch job coming up for the region. I applied, got through the tests and interview, went through a 6 month training program which went well. That was almost 4 years ago, and I've been working as an ambulance dispatcher since.

I really like what I do, I'm good at it, and I make decent money. I don't know if it's what I'll be doing the rest of my life, but I wouldn't mind it.

Bought a house just over a year ago, now just getting used to being a home owner and the routines that come with it. Volunteering / gym / work is what keeps my busy these days.

[Added at 06/24/2014 00:32:34 by Elmy]
Oh, and as far as where I was when I started frequenting this site, just some kid in school. Nothing special, had no motivation coming out of it, just played video games all day. Got tired of it.

Why should I fear Death? If Death is,
I am not, if I am, Death is not. So why
should I fear that which can only exist if
I do not?
(Elmy has posted: 633 forum posts)
User ID: 13 / Joined: 6/3/2002
Red said on: 06/25/14 5:04 pm
(3592 Days, 13 Hrs, 11 Min, 11 Sec ago)

/me tickles Elmo.

I am so glad you're doing things you enjoy, Elm :)

That's the key to not hating your life lol

Red siggy go where?

RecklessPerson said on: 06/29/14 10:28 pm
(3588 Days, 7 Hrs, 47 Min, 12 Sec ago)

I was in school (early high school). Went to college after. Graduated, got married. Took over the family business. That is where I currently am, trying to expand and grow.

reckie@gmail.com
(RecklessPerson has posted: 148 forum posts)
User ID: 4688 / Joined: 11/29/2002
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 07/01/14 10:36 pm
(3586 Days, 7 Hrs, 39 Min, 49 Sec ago)

Was that a gas station, or a kwik-e-mart, or both, Recky? ;)

~Iron

Xadriandiablos said on: 07/03/14 6:45 am
(3584 Days, 23 Hrs, 30 Min, 48 Sec ago)

Hm..

When I frequented this site it was mostly on Nations, I was in 6th grade at the time. I remember mostly because I had brought it up on the forums back then how I was playing Nations with some people from school; well apparently the next day at school they were pretty upset because they were telling everyone that they were in their mid twenties. Haha.

After graduating highschool and attending college at Columbia College in the evenings I had picked up a job doing tech support for a restaurant point of sale software company. Turns out while I was there I discovered the joy of programming in VB.net and C#.net where I proceeded to manage the company's software development team for 3 years after some school time.

At that job I had first child, my son, in 2007. I was fired for not showing up to work the day he was born, because I was at the hospital with him and his mother. That was on a Friday.

The following Monday I was interviewed and hired as an IT for a software development company internet marketing and advertising where during the year I worked there, they paid for me to achieve my MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA and CCNP certifications through Microsoft and Cisco, in addition to my Computer Engineering bachelors degree.

Unfortunately after the year was up, the economy crashed and I had just had my second child, my daughter, during that year. They laid 54 of us off and as IT's we were expendable simply for the fact that we were costing them money and not making them any (the joy of sales department I suppose, lucky man s. Lol.)

Well luckily for me the Navy Recruiting office happened to be in the downstairs lobby of the same building in which that particular company was in. So I enlisted.

I have been in the Navy for 3 1/2 years now and am currently testing for my E-6, or Petty Officer First Class exam as a Hull Technician. My wife of my first two children and I are now divorced due to her inability to stay faithful while I was overseas and I am now married to a sailor who I met during my second deployment overseas and her and I have a one year old daughter.

I may not have the most appealing lifestyle right now, but I have a job I love and a wonderful family; I couldn't ask for more.

Sorry for the long story, it's nice to see everyone else's journey through life also.

(Xadriandiablos has posted: 17 forum posts)
User ID: 34884 / Joined: 9/15/2011
TheSource (Admin) said on: 07/17/14 5:52 pm
(3570 Days, 12 Hrs, 23 Min, 7 Sec ago)

Racky, Is that the hotel near railroad square?

I am the bringer of death, I have named myself so.
(TheSource (Admin) has posted: 413 forum posts)
User ID: 16704 / Joined: 12/7/2003
Chelly said on: 08/30/14 4:01 am
(3527 Days, 2 Hrs, 14 Min, 30 Sec ago)

Hi! When I frequented this site I was a confused and angsty high school kid with no direction in life. And I remained as such (minus the high school part) for several years afterwards. Worked in retail and then in a horrible office job for 8 years.

2 years ago I went back to school and now finally, for the first time ever, I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm working towards my BA in Psychology, and plan to get my Masters in Counselling after that. I'm putting most of my free time and effort into activism for better mental health services for students at my University, and the community as a whole. I'm also volunteering at my local distress line, which has, by far, been the most rewarding experience of my life.
Also (this may come as a shock to some, and may not be all that surprising to others) I'm gay, and have recently come out to most of my family and friends. It's something that I've known about myself for a good long while, but was in denial/confused about. Now, I'm a grown up and have decided it's long past time that I accept myself fully for who I actually am. Cause if you don't do that, how can you ever expect to be truly happy?

I'd be lying if I said I have no regrets, but when I honestly think back on all the mistakes I made, and all the years I wasted on certain people and working at jobs I hated… those things made me who I am today, and I wouldn't change any of it even if I could.

I think of this here lil website, and the amazing people who I met through it, often. So many good memories. And some bad ones (that I can now look back and laugh at). I miss you all and only hope that you are living the lives you've dreamed of :)

<FireStarter (Mod)> I can call myself an Australian American
<FireStarter (Mod)> Kinda like an African American but not black
<FireStarter (Mod)> Or african
(Chelly has posted: 111 forum posts)
User ID: 5398 / Joined: 12/20/2002
Red said on: 09/09/14 8:11 pm
(3516 Days, 10 Hrs, 4 Min, 31 Sec ago)

Nobody goes through life without regrets!

I'm so glad you're doing well, Chelly, and doing what you love to do. Glad to hear from you ;)

Red siggy go where?

InuYasha said on: 09/14/14 1:02 am
(3512 Days, 5 Hrs, 13 Min, 27 Sec ago)

I was a freshman in high school when I first came to this site. I played pretty consistently through out my four years of high school. Later I did an accelerated Nursing program at Kent State University. I graduated with a bachelor's in nursing, working the field for a few years and eventually left.

Shortly after leaving I suffered a near fatal MRSA infection that caused sepetic shock. I recovered from the infection, but the experience left my mind in shambles. I suffered horribly for years afterward because of PTSD and exacerbated symptoms of bipolar disorder.

I obtained a job in a local bakery as a baker and worked there for three years. Due to my mental problems I was unable to continue working and was forced to resign. I've attempted suicide twice since that time, almost successfully both times. My most recent attempt caused my girlfriend of 5 years to throw me out of our apartment and leave me homeless.

Luckily I have wonderful friends and family who helped me through all of this. I currently have an apartment with a close friend who I've known for a decade and gotten my job at the bakery back. I am being promoted to Production Trainer (I'll be responsible for training all the production staff and educating the staff about GMPs and sanitary practices.) I've found a psychiatrist I like who genuinely wants to help me and am on medications that ease my anxiety and bipolar related symptoms.

I started coming to this site as a arrogant 15 year old prick and have returned now as a 28 year old man who's been tempered by the unforgiving and cruel fires of reality.

When you're alive in a dying world it's a mesmerizing thing.
(InuYasha has posted: 323 forum posts)
User ID: 3236 / Joined: 10/18/2002
PinWizard said on: 09/15/14 10:33 pm
(3510 Days, 7 Hrs, 41 Min, 59 Sec ago)

I started coming to the site when I just was a little 6th grader. I had no idea what i was going to do with my life.

Now I am a junior in college in PA, studying to become a audio engineer(i already knew how I'm just getting official training now). I own my own media business, http://www.earlyriseproductions.com I have a girlfriend of 3 years, about to get engaged. I work two jobs, one for a University doing their marketing, and the other doing media work for a church. Life is good. Find me on Facebook here --> https://www.facebook.com/derrick.harvey.355

-pin
(PinWizard has posted: 328 forum posts)
User ID: 29731 / Joined: 6/20/2006
Entity-Neo said on: 09/16/14 8:39 am
(3509 Days, 21 Hrs, 36 Min, 47 Sec ago)

Well, when i first came here i was a part time boxer living in Philadelphia.

I used to earn a bit of cash $$$$ collecting debts for this bloke i knew named Gazza.
That was my day to day doing a bit of boxing and collecting debts, one day i went into a pet shop and met a shy girl named Adrian who ended up being the love of my life.

One day my life completely changed when the then current world boxing champ Appolo wanted to fight a no name boxer as a publicity stunt, the fight happens and it goes the distance and i earnt the respect of the world!

30 years since then and im a retired boxer and the former heavy weight champion of the world.
I have a son named Robert to my wife Adrian (RIP) who i miss very dearly.

(Entity-Neo has posted: 530 forum posts)
User ID: 9685 / Joined: 4/11/2003
Viper10488 said on: 09/18/14 8:03 pm
(3507 Days, 10 Hrs, 12 Min, 27 Sec ago)

Started in 2003, back in HS. Don't remember much, too long ago.

Now: In Graduate school.

J.H.
(Viper10488 has posted: 896 forum posts)
User ID: 6643 / Joined: 1/31/2003
SeniorUnloco said on: 09/29/14 1:56 pm
(3496 Days, 16 Hrs, 19 Min, 10 Sec ago)

/runs in Octagons

I havent changed much, just got older and joints hurt more often.

After the military thing for 6 years, I have been job hopping from Tech job to tech job. If this current one doesnt pan out, going back to college for a degree in programming.

Still pretty much the same personality. Online: Kinda crazy and lowkey. Offline: Still the shy hermitive person that I will always be.

Still living with my folks still trying to get back on my feet after the miltiary thing. Still alone.

/runs in octagons

[Added at 09/30/2014 13:56:24 by SeniorUnloco]
If anyone needs me, ill be in chat when at work. like right now.

No Mercy for the Weak
No Pity for the Dying
No Tears for the Slain

Chuck Kudzmas(for those who wanta add me on the face space stuff)

<WeaponX (Mod)> NN's Chuck pwnz Chuck Norris
[1. main] ShadyKnight (Mod): Chuck Norris wears SeniorUnloco underwear
[1. main] WeaponX: don't worry, chuck norris doesn't even have his nips peirced, that puss
(SeniorUnloco has posted: 283 forum posts)
User ID: 4113 / Joined: 11/12/2002
Desideo said on: 10/02/14 9:01 am
(3493 Days, 21 Hrs, 14 Min, 46 Sec ago)

Don't be shy Neo, let's hear the real story.

Great job guys, glad to hear your stories and can't wait to hear more!

SeniorUnloco said on: 10/02/14 6:27 pm
(3493 Days, 11 Hrs, 48 Min, 5 Sec ago)

I would still perma ban all your chat alts. Sideo

b/c reasons

No Mercy for the Weak
No Pity for the Dying
No Tears for the Slain

[1. main] WeaponX: don't worry, chuck norris doesn't even have his nips peirced, that puss

TC616 said on: 10/05/14 5:08 pm
(3490 Days, 13 Hrs, 7 Min, 50 Sec ago)

I was a little child when I was on here. Became a heroin addicts for years and started dealing and burning dealers for cash. Year clean now in community college. Spend my days having sex with slutty girls.

-------------------
TerranCommando

(TC616 has posted: 3 forum posts)
User ID: 35099 / Joined: 1/25/2013
Desideo said on: 10/06/14 1:06 pm
(3489 Days, 17 Hrs, 9 Min, 49 Sec ago)

Senior - I am sorry you feel that way. It's been many years since my old trolling days. I was simply bored with my life at that point. Something I've long been over.

Serv said on: 11/04/14 1:21 pm
(3460 Days, 15 Hrs, 54 Min, 22 Sec ago)

6 months late, but whatevs.

15+(ish?) years ago: Attended high school in a small town on the west coast of Norway, whilst spending too much time playing StarCraft and Terran Legacy on pay-per-minute dialup. Life was pretty rough.

10 years ago: Trained for and eventually repaired commercial airplanes for a living on the south-west coast of Norway, whilst spending all my spare time playing video games in my rented basement suite. Life was ok.

Now: Working as consultant programmer on the Canadian prairies, whilst spending most of my spare time with my wife and 2 kids in our mid-size 2-story house. Life is good.

I got lucky.

RecklessPerson said on: 11/19/14 1:50 pm
(3445 Days, 15 Hrs, 25 Min, 45 Sec ago)

This makes me feel old.

reckie@gmail.com

(RecklessPerson has posted: 148 forum posts)
User ID: 4688 / Joined: 11/29/2002
SeniorUnloco said on: 11/21/14 8:44 pm
(3443 Days, 8 Hrs, 31 Min, 6 Sec ago)

We are all reckie's alts

No Mercy for the Weak
No Pity for the Dying
No Tears for the Slain

Nataku said on: 12/28/14 7:23 pm
(3406 Days, 9 Hrs, 52 Min, 56 Sec ago)

I am now in a work and educarion pogram. I can only think of tommorow

*BIOHΔZARD* Sanity taken, seething damnation, Khtulu awaken!

Excuse me while I bark pant sniff and yelp all over the place.

(Nataku has posted: 2920 forum posts)
User ID: 3602 / Joined: 10/29/2002
PFC-Hepburn said on: 01/04/15 4:24 pm
(3399 Days, 12 Hrs, 51 Min, 27 Sec ago)

Man... where has the time gone! Started on net nexus while I was in the 9th grade, now I am 10 years + in the military with a wife.... :P Wow..

Dynasty Loyal Forever

"PFC-Hepburn is a BEAST"
(PFC-Hepburn has posted: 579 forum posts)
User ID: 22637 / Joined: 10/1/2004
Nataku said on: 06/08/16 5:36 pm
(2878 Days, 12 Hrs, 39 Min, 37 Sec ago)

If all goes well, I graduate in a week and a half.

InuYasha said on: 06/08/16 5:57 pm
(2878 Days, 12 Hrs, 18 Min, 30 Sec ago)

Made a massive career move and moved across the state. I work in an MR/DD Home. Wish I had done this sooner.

When you're alive in a dying world it's a mesmerizing thing.

(InuYasha has posted: 323 forum posts)
User ID: 3236 / Joined: 10/18/2002
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 06/12/16 9:49 am
(2874 Days, 20 Hrs, 26 Min, 50 Sec ago)

17 years ago I was a freshman in high school playing way too much StarCraft on 56k dial-up and discovered TL which is what I started spending all my time at school playing. Nothing special, was a loner and sought out the friendships I made here for support. Mentat may have saved me at one point.

Now I'm a Web Developer who currently focuses on the CMS Drupal. I have moved all over the place to get jobs without having a degree and finally was able to move back home to Illinois from Boston and buy a house. I work from home, which is probably the greatest thing ever. Other than that, I still play Blizzard games WAY too much but instead of StarCraft, I mostly play Heroes and Overwatch.

DannyFo Mod
D.E.M.O.N. Member
Phoenix Rising Builder

(DannyFo (Mod) has posted: 867 forum posts)
User ID: 323 / Joined: 6/8/2002
IronSinew (Admin) said on: 06/12/16 8:39 pm
(2874 Days, 9 Hrs, 36 Min, 12 Sec ago)

Drupal is still the worst, Danny!

~Iron

Nataku said on: 07/04/16 9:18 am
(2852 Days, 20 Hrs, 57 Min, 22 Sec ago)

I am now looking for employment.

AK47 said on: 07/15/16 7:47 am
(2841 Days, 22 Hrs, 28 Min, 30 Sec ago)

When I first started playing Nations, I was a senior in high school and 17 yrs old.

Now I am 28 yrs old, working in Real Estate/Property Management. I still live in Westchester County, New York.

I dated a girl for 7.5 yrs up until 1.5 yrs ago. I got really depressed due to the breakup. Still have low times to this day.

I used to play a lot of basketball, but I suffer from chronic right knee pain (roughly 4 yrs now) and recently injured my left knee. Now I am in physical therapy. I pray for the day that I can step back on the court. Playing ball is my escape from everyday life.

In a nutshell, life could be better, but it is what it is.

[Added at 08/18/2016 13:23:05 by AK47]

Update:
I found out that I have meniscus tears in both of my knees. I had surgery on my right knee on August 1st to rectify this and I also had my plica removed. I plan on having the same procedure done on my left knee once I recover from the first operation. Currently in post-op physical therapy.

---[[NATIONS STATS]]---
----15 ROUND WINS----
--EXORDIUM LEADER--
---D.E.M.O.N INDUCTEE---
------4 HORSEMEN------
=====================
Killer_MJ said on: 2010-07-02 17:42:38
Sent: 2237 Days, 19 Hours, 54 Minutes, 25 Seconds ago
Damn you AK with your high tech, making it impossible for me to win this round. - [Reply]
(AK47 has posted: 1983 forum posts)
User ID: 26225 / Joined: 5/26/2005
Eakright11 said on: 07/21/16 5:32 pm
(2835 Days, 12 Hrs, 43 Min, 40 Sec ago)

When I first started playing Nations a very long while ago I was in High School. I believe I was a Junior! It was cool playing this game until I was a senior then I quit for a very long time! I worked several jobs including Dean's, Symmetry Medical, Harvey Industries, and others! I currently work at a Duck Farm called Maple Leaf Farms! I work a lot & love to drink & go to concerts! I'm a good ol' Indiana boy! I've been dating on & off! I haven't really settled down & really not ready to yet! I'm 26 years young! I recently came back to this game because I missed how fun & competitive this game use to actually be! I met some great people playing this game & have them on social media! Still learning and enjoying life but great to read all of your stories! BTW (Entity-Neo) bio sounds like it's from a Rocky movie!

Colts Nation! #BleedBlue
Formerly known as -ChronacO-

Colts Nation! #BleedBlue
Formerly Known as -ChronacO-
Clan: X
Best Round: 1st [Round 184]
Highest Tech: 264.24 [Round 48]
(Eakright11 has posted: 26 forum posts)
User ID: 35280 / Joined: 7/15/2016
ShadowLord69 said on: 05/23/19 12:50 am
(1800 Days, 5 Hrs, 25 Min, 24 Sec ago)

Update we bought a house last november
Bought a sailing vessel in February
I work for the railroad now two beautiful kids

And from time to time i miss you guys...
A lot.

http://www.netnexus.com/forums/nations/nations.php?665880
[2. main] TBrown has been muted by TBrown for 1 minute (as per shadow's request)
[2. main] Jing turns to Leroy and bows.
[2. main] Stoutn (Vip): Just remember you love her and killing her isnt worth it ^^
Manchester United Rocks! w00t!
3. ShadowLord69 of WaterRealm 1 165.39 77
Teh Fascist's

(ShadowLord69 has posted: 1141 forum posts)
User ID: 16406 / Joined: 11/27/2003
Nataku said on: 05/24/19 11:17 am
(1798 Days, 18 Hrs, 58 Min, 19 Sec ago)

Good for you bud, it was nice to have met you in person. Pardon my sketchiness. You know the story. why not give Winnipeg some dazzlers... No?

Blackfire1 said on: 08/21/19 9:20 am
(1709 Days, 20 Hrs, 55 Min, 20 Sec ago)

Hi all,

Very long time. I was first introduced to Terran Legacy by my cello teacher in junior high school. Must have been 15-20 years ago. I was very active in Nations during the glory days, but too bad at it to ever amount to much. Didn’t have constant access to a computer so constantly lost turns.

Went from a junior high loser to a college grad loser who works at a large software company. Married a nice girl, moved to Seattle and was bored sitting on the couch yesterday wondering whatever happened to NetNexus. So glad it’s still around.

Blackfire1 (Supreme Ruler)

Lux et Veritas
(Blackfire1 has posted: 103 forum posts)
User ID: 15997 / Joined: 11/11/2003
Sal said on: 09/04/19 7:07 am
(1695 Days, 23 Hrs, 8 Min, 41 Sec ago)

Well here is an upfate 2000 days later.

I pushed hard in the gaming industry and I am now a producer for the gaming division of Mindgeek (the company that owns Nutaku, pornhub and most of the porn on the internet).

I oversee the full development cycle of games and guide game designers.

I'm pretty much where I wanted to be. Now all that's left is finding a developer willing to be engaged in my personal project and try to make my own game happen.

_____
Michael Santer

<Loki (Vip)> DN, Sal is the "organise a super power clan and whipe everyone off the face of the board" master

TinaMiaz said on: 11/11/19 11:59 am
(1627 Days, 17 Hrs, 16 Min, 43 Sec ago)

Glad to see so many old faces. When I joined I was but a mere freshman in highschool and played terran legacy. I was addicted and tried so hard to get on the top 25 hahah.
Since then I have moved all over the country and settled down in Colorado to ski and snowboard. This is also where I had my daughter, Sophia, who is now 3 years old and my angel. I moved back to my hometown in Ohio and have been working in Sales management for Costco for a few years now. I love my job, all the different people I get to interact with, train, and watch grow. I have no idea what was going through my head but as I was lying down in bed on my laptop, the thought occurred to me to check out netnexus.com and see how things have been going. Glad to see so many people still keep this tiny place in their hearts! Love yall!

I <3 Weap's Sig!

Banned Sig

BOOOOO
(TinaMiaz has posted: 1135 forum posts)
User ID: 24538 / Joined: 2/1/2005
Pixie said on: 11/25/19 3:19 am
(1614 Days, 1 Hr, 56 Min, 43 Sec ago)

Wow, Reading this was a little fun. I have not been on NN for a very long time.

I started in War2 while I was meant to be writing assignments in my first degree teaching (Which I never finished). Meet FS here, kicking his ass in Nations (he remembers it differently). I imported him to Australia and we have been married for 12 year and have two children. I am currently about to complete my final year of university to become an occupational therapist.

(Pixie has posted: 73 forum posts)
User ID: 3378 / Joined: 10/23/2002
Nataku said on: 03/04/20 12:12 pm
(1513 Days, 17 Hrs, 3 Min, 27 Sec ago)

Nutaku? BTW if you have not seen on the site facebook group. I am transgender now, and have been going to clinics.

Maybe Nataku could do some porn.

Sal get me some shoots.

Sal said on: 03/09/20 7:38 am
(1508 Days, 22 Hrs, 37 Min, 24 Sec ago)

Nutaku already has games with LGBT content.

_____
Michael Santer

ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 05/01/20 6:30 pm
(1455 Days, 11 Hrs, 45 Min, 53 Sec ago)

When I started playing, it was 1998 and I was in Grade 7. We had plenty of good times, and as far as the site goes there is nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. In regards to life, I was young and poor. I grew up in abject poverty and there are many times that I had to steal to eat.

At age 15 I moved in with my father, who was a major alcoholic. Once I graduated, I started working, bouncing from job to job, industry to industry. I eventually ended up at Red Robin as a line cook, and I stayed there for 6 years.

During my time at Red Robin, I was homeless and my mother died. After she passed, my family got a lot closer and my brothers and I moved in together. I quit working at Red Robin shortly after that and moved to Amazon, where I'm still working to this day.

About 10 years ago, I went on tour with my rap music. I ended up in Edmonton, where I met Happyguy, Raider and Chelly at one of my shows. It turns out that Raider is actually friends with someone I know in real life as well. Oh, and Vegito and I went to the same elementary school several years apart

--
D.E.M.O.N. | 2000 Post Club | United Lemons | Classic | -Legends- | X | Exordium | The Syndicate
Gormath
| Shade | Titanium | §hady | Coop | Eternal | Mistery | Sionix | Daeos | Ƶorathar | §alazar
Winner of the first No Techie Challenge -
(5/27/2020) | Personal Highest Tech: 269.22 (Round 84)
(ShadyKnight (Mod) has posted: 2294 forum posts)
User ID: 3599 / Joined: 10/29/2002
Rhunyc said on: 05/27/20 9:54 am
(1429 Days, 20 Hrs, 21 Min, 25 Sec ago)

Started in 2003, played as Victor_Troska (name from the game Operation Flashpoint). I think my brother found the site at school because of Terran Legacy. I played that a lot at school. Also tried Nations but realized I was terrible and didn't know how the game worked.

Now I'm 31 and an intern at a healthcare company as an application developer, scheduled to graduate with a BS in computer science by December. I do art sometimes too and have sold lots of prints of my work at conventions. Married. Dabbling with game dev in my free time when I'm not playing games or doodling. :D

(Rhunyc has posted: 601 forum posts)
User ID: 5923 / Joined: 1/9/2003
ShadyKnight (Mod) said on: 05/27/20 12:23 pm
(1429 Days, 17 Hrs, 52 Min, 52 Sec ago)

Brian "does some art". That's an understatement and a half. Rhunyc does some of the best digital art I've ever seen

--
D.E.M.O.N. | 2000 Post Club | United Lemons | Classic | -Legends- | X | Exordium | The Syndicate
Gormath
| Shade | Titanium | §hady | Coop | Eternal | Mistery | Sionix | Daeos | Ƶorathar | §alazar
Winner of the first No Techie Challenge -
(5/27/2020) | Personal Highest Tech: 269.22 (Round 84)

(ShadyKnight (Mod) has posted: 2294 forum posts)
User ID: 3599 / Joined: 10/29/2002
Rhunyc said on: 05/27/20 2:05 pm
(1429 Days, 16 Hrs, 10 Min, 58 Sec ago)

Nooooooooooo, thank you for the kind words

Anti_Rob1 said on: 11/30/21 1:42 am
(878 Days, 3 Hrs, 33 Min, 32 Sec ago)

Let’s bump this! You know, like 5 threads higher. Because that’s all that gets posted in 500 days.

Found this site in 6th grade (2001). Joined it and played around in TL. For some reason, I decided to become a total spaz and get myself banned. Repeatedly. You may know me as dondon, anti_rob, illicit, and like four dozen other names. I swear to god I’m totally normal IRL and you’d have no clue I was this online idiot. Anyway...

To reiterate many others’ posts, the general trajectory was uni, grad school, jobs, promotions, good job, love&various misadventures, The One, home ownership, etc. Kids are next on the horizon. I’ll teach them not to be regards on online forums...maybe...I had a lot of fun tbh...

Glad to see so many fellow travellers on this site have found success and happiness and families. Real talk

(Anti_Rob1 has posted: 2 forum posts)
User ID: 35462 / Joined: 11/30/2021
Red said on: 02/10/22 11:42 pm
(805 Days, 5 Hrs, 33 Min, 44 Sec ago)

I agree, bumping the thread is a good idea! Hi everybody!

After almost 8 years since my last post here, I'm married and have two toddlers. God help me!

I also have to increase the size of my font because I wear glasses now...

Getting old sucks!

Red siggy go where?

Sideo said on: 02/17/22 4:54 am
(799 Days, 21 Minutes, 34 Seconds ago)

Great to hear from everyone here.

Dondon.. I missed your humour. Yep, I was a spaz too...

(Sideo has posted: 74 forum posts)
User ID: 27191 / Joined: 7/27/2005
DannyFo (Mod) said on: 03/14/22 9:09 am
(773 Days, 21 Hrs, 6 Min, 33 Sec ago)

"Now I'm 31 and an intern at a healthcare company as an application developer..."

Which healthcare company?

DannyFo Mod
D.E.M.O.N. Member
Phoenix Rising Builder

(DannyFo (Mod) has posted: 867 forum posts)
User ID: 323 / Joined: 6/8/2002
Vegito said on: 07/11/22 4:03 am
(655 Days, 2 Hrs, 12 Min, 37 Sec ago)

Hey Shady, I never knew you grew up with all those struggles. I didn't grow up with much either... I guess that's how we found ourselves in the same neighbourhood heh.

I've managed to put myself in a much better place now though and it sounds like you have too. It's been amazing hearing everyone's updates. My inner child just comes alive again. I imagine the kid-versions of all of us all gathered 'round the conference room table in loose baggy adult clothing.

Sounds like I'm a bit late to the party on kids, I just had my first!

(Vegito has posted: 103 forum posts)
User ID: 3897 / Joined: 11/6/2002
SeniorUnloco said on: 07/26/22 10:43 am
(639 Days, 19 Hrs, 32 Min, 44 Sec ago)

Veggie, how can you be late when I am still without kids.

I am still single, as well. Told ya I would be alone forever.

Currently in college for a cybersecurity degree. I will be graduating in about a year and half.

I still hop from game to game based on boredom.

No Mercy for the Weak
No Pity for the Dying
No Tears for the Slain

Rhunyc said on: 08/21/22 8:15 pm
(613 Days, 10 Hrs, 4 Sec ago)

-"Now I'm 31 and an intern at a healthcare company as an application developer..."
-
-Which healthcare company?

That was at Discovery Benefits now known as Wex. :D

Since then I've worked as an application developer for a custom app / web development company (Onsharp). I stayed with them for a full year and now just recently started at a financial services company as an application developer.

Also just had a baby.

Still working on little game dev projects for fun!

Nataku said on: 01/12/23 10:55 pm
(469 Days, 6 Hrs, 20 Min, 5 Sec ago)

I survived a dead on thermonuclear, napalm, sarin and laughing gas missile.

Can not say so much for my adversaries.

I have used two over the last fifteen years, I might have one more.

This is really actual.

Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Reply To This Thread
To reply to this thread click here. Or you can start your own thread by visiting this page.
Search

Copyright © 2024 netnexus. All rights reserved.     Terms Of Use   Privacy Policy