Home Sign-Up Games Forums Help NetNexus Messaging System 
Username  Password 
  General  |  Nations  |  Terran Legacy  |  WaR2: New Horizons  |  Lemonade Stand  
Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Subject: What would you like to see in WAR2?(Replies: 12   Views: 2342)
FireStarter (Mod) said on: 06/11/13 5:29 am
(3943 Days, 8 Hrs, 33 Min, 0 Sec ago)

Since I've been back I've made a number of changes to WAR2 in terms of areas, equipment, races/classes etc.

But this has all come from my head so I am eager to hear what you guys as players would like to see in WAR2. Think of this as a suggestions thread where we can toss around ideas and hopefully get some good ones up and running to make the game more enjoyable for all.

FireStarter
No one has a signature over 10 lines.
(FireStarter (Mod) has posted: 360 forum posts)
User ID: 14 / Joined: 6/3/2002
TheSource (Admin) said on: 06/20/13 3:51 pm
(3933 Days, 22 Hrs, 11 Min, 10 Sec ago)

Players :(

I am the bringer of death, I have named myself so.
(TheSource (Admin) has posted: 413 forum posts)
User ID: 16704 / Joined: 12/7/2003
Michelangelo said on: 06/22/13 7:22 am
(3932 Days, 6 Hrs, 40 Min, 1 Sec ago)

no more betas?

ffs, how many more betas are you gonna have till you release a complete text based game?

How many character wipes are we supposed to tolerate?

I gave up on this game because of the multiple character wipes and the number of kills required to get a semi decent to best weapon.Factor in the time required to walk to the farming spot and time required to go back to heal and type in the anti bot captcha.

Diety VERTIGO
Credits $93255.00
Bank $117919196.00
Health (5264325/5264325)
Weapon Hyperion Cannon
Armor Hyperion Adamantite Suit
Item Enhanced Ion Shield [?] [drop]
Exp. 452835969220/789435287654
Kills 250329-243
(Michelangelo has posted: 105 forum posts)
User ID: 33157 / Joined: 3/8/2009
Michelangelo said on: 06/23/13 12:16 am
(3931 Days, 13 Hrs, 46 Min, 23 Sec ago)

Feedback for war2

1)Do not make multiple betas.

Noone likes multiple character wipes.

2)Show some commitment to finishing the game.

Noone likes to wait for a text-based game for more than 3 years and more than 3 betas.I think it's a fking joke it's still not completed.

3)Give clear announcements when the beta starts and ends.

Self explanatory.

4)Make the game feel smoother,eliminate useless actions

Ridiculous crap like walking multiple steps to farming spot every few minutes, healing every few minutes, typing the captcha every few minutes lha to go. Not only is it an annoyance, it also breaks your momentum.

I can last at least an hour on a full bar of hp/mana in dungeon crawlers and mmorpgs, I dont see why war2 and tl2 cant be the same.Anything that takes playing time away from the player must go.If you cant keep up in graphics, the least you could do is keep up in making the gameplay smooth.

5)Lack of customization of characters.

Let characters decide how they want to allocate skill points in hp, defence, dodge, attack, spell damage.

Current customization is total bs. allowing us to customize only one stat(hp) is like not customizig at all.

My character also feels very weak without weapon/armor/shield.

Depending on race/class, you should give a fixed increase to all stats per level(defence/dodge/attack etc)

6)Effort/reward ratio is too high

Too much effort,too little reward.
Noone likes grinding for months only to receive a mediocre increase in damage.Again, if I play an mmorpg, I expect to have a considerable increase in damage after playing for months.Do you builders want to make war2 vastly inferior to modern games in this aspect too?(In this aspect tl is epic fail as well,as the pathetically small damage reduction it gives does not justify the effort required to get the hyperion adamantite suit)

7)Damage variance is way too wide in this game.

I know you guys want to introduce some sort of articial difficulty in this game, but this kind of artificial difficulty is not needed. Don't annoy us by forcing us to make that extra attack.

8)Prices of gear are ridiculous

Communicate with other builders if you want to put in weapons and armors.I'm still seeing suits with little change in stats and wildly varying prices.

Somtimes I think you builders decide the stats of gears and prices of gears using a random number generator.

When deciding the price of a weapon/spell/armor/shield, you really should consider how much time it takes to farm for that gear. By the time a player has gotten that gear, what level would he be?will getting that weapon/armor/shield at that level allow him to farm mobs of his lvl? Or will he still be forced to take on mobs that give little exp for his lvl, making it an extremely grindy experience?

9)The attack with weapon icon, leave battle icon, and attack monster icon are spaced too far apart from each other. I hate having to move my mouse to 3 locations that are far apart from each other just to farm.Please fix this.

Diety VERTIGO
Credits $93255.00
Bank $117919196.00
Health (5264325/5264325)
Weapon Hyperion Cannon
Kills 250329-243

Extra Functions: Edit Post
Michelangelo said on: 06/23/13 12:24 am
(3931 Days, 13 Hrs, 37 Min, 55 Sec ago)

10)Release game information and formulas to players

When deciding on which character to choose we need to know actual numbers.

How high is moderate increase in damage?
How low is mediocre?
How high is large increase in damage?
depending on race/class much many stats does each character get per level?
How does race/class bonus stack up?additive?multiplicative?

How does armor affect damage mitigation?
how does dodge affect damage mitigation?
How does defence affect damage mitigation?

How is damage calculated and how is it affected by damage mitigation?

How much does an extra damage from weapon translate to actual damage output?
Likewise, how much does an extra point of armor from armor affect actual damage reduction.

you guys need to be more transparent with such stuff so we can make better decisions

Diety VERTIGO
Credits $93255.00
Bank $117919196.00
Health (5264325/5264325)
Weapon Hyperion Cannon
Kills 250329-243

Stoutn said on: 06/24/13 7:08 am
(3930 Days, 6 Hrs, 53 Min, 27 Sec ago)

Yes, getting wiped after all the effort kinda ruined it for me.

It also seems quite slow to get any leveling going, or gathering proper equipment/spells, most of games level quickly at first and tier the levels so that once you get going, it slows down a bit.

<ABrown (Admin)> I am the TOU
(Stoutn has posted: 909 forum posts)
User ID: 16803 / Joined: 12/11/2003
Michelangelo said on: 06/24/13 8:41 am
(3930 Days, 5 Hrs, 20 Min, 53 Sec ago)

I second the above post.

Usually, in early stages of other games, you kill a few stuff and you level up. Here in war2, it feels like you start off as a lvl 1 character with a lvl 50 character's exp bar.

Rugaru------>lvl 17-------->1700 monster kills

I think this speaks volumes about the difficulty of the game.

This is the same for the difficulty in obtaining items.The more people feel they are not progressing, especially at the early stages of the game, The more people wont feel like coming back

Cut down on unnecessary waiting time.

And lastly, tell us when the beta ends.I'm not training a character to a really high level only have to have one of you builders come out of retirement and end the beta without prior notice.

And btw have you fixed the money bug tooks found that gave him infinite money? Not playing till you fix that too.

I know this is a lot to absorb at one go, but since you wanted suggestions and feedback, here you go. Good luck

Diety VERTIGO
Credits $93255.00
Bank $117919196.00
Health (5264325/5264325)
Weapon Hyperion Cannon
Kills 250329-243

FireStarter (Mod) said on: 07/06/13 3:07 am
(3918 Days, 10 Hrs, 54 Min, 58 Sec ago)

Just putting it out here but resetting has nothing to do with the builders since we don't directly have access to the coding. A builder does exactly what the tittle suggests... We build within the confines of the game with what we have been given. Anything that has to directly do with coding is done by the Admins.

As for prices that was one of the first things I looked at and re-worked when I was asked to work on WAR2 again. I personally re-wrote the formula and applied it to every item in the game.

In regards to the "multiple betas" to be quite honest I would go as far to say that the game never left its first beta. As with any beta you should expect frequent resets as specific changes are made to the game. Exceptions to this are games that go into open beta and have a soft launch with cash shops which essentially is final release in a manner of speaking.

As for other mmorpgs and dungeon crawlers you are comparing a text based game that has been around in various forms for nearly 20 years to games that have come out recently or have been around for a few years with budgets backing them. WAR2 doesn't have a budget and is worked on by volunteers so if you set your bar too high you're going to be disappointed sorry to say.

FireStarter

Michelangelo said on: 08/03/13 11:47 pm
(3889 Days, 14 Hrs, 15 Min, 13 Sec ago)

Sorry it took so long to reply.

I can bet you, no player wants a reset everytime a new change to war2 comes up.Now isnt it possible for you builders to talk with admin not to reset our characters everytime a change comes up.Simple.

Secondly, we, the players have told you that your exp formula is wrong. We even told you that grinding was too long at the early levels, and we would like the early levels to be easy and become progressively more difficult later on. What you have implemented however, is nothing like we wanted, you made it extremely grindy from the start to the end. Now you asked us for feedback, we gave it, and you told us we are wrong? Might as well not ask us for feedback since you guys have zero intention of listening.

Thirdly, Iam not asking for mind blowing features for a text-based game.I'm asking you developers to release information to players. Isnt that reasonable enough, stuff like how high is high critical chance in numerical figures, so we can actually choose our characters wisely. I'm asking for things like allowing us to spec our characters, is that too much to ask for? a funcioning pvp system? is that also too much to ask for? DID i ever ask for some complicated features found in other games? I'm only trying to give feedback to fix some of the things that are fundamentally wrong in war 2. you ask for feedback, yet you come up with excuses like we cant do this, we're volunteers, we dont have the budget etc.It's really sounding really insincere, so why did you ask for opinions in the first place if you didnt intend to do it?

[Added at 08/03/2013 23:50:19 by Michelangelo]
please excuse me for any grammatical/spelling errors as I did not proofread my post before posting.

Diety VERTIGO
Credits $93255.00
Bank $117919196.00
Health (5264325/5264325)
Weapon Hyperion Cannon
Kills 250329-243

FireStarter (Mod) said on: 08/06/13 9:36 pm
(3886 Days, 16 Hrs, 26 Min, 9 Sec ago)

"I can bet you, no player wants a reset everytime a new change to war2 comes up.Now isnt it possible for you builders to talk with admin not to reset our characters everytime a change comes up.Simple"

There were only 2 resets when I came back. The first was at my request to have a clean slate for people to play on and not be discouraged by the blatantly obvious non-legit rankings. The second one was done by an admin after changing the experience equation.

"Secondly, we, the players have told you that your exp formula is wrong. We even told you that grinding was too long at the early levels, and we would like the early levels to be easy and become progressively more difficult later on."

Apart from hijacking my thread and quite aggressively mentioning it here not once has experience gain been mentioned to me by you or anyone else.

"you ask for feedback, yet you come up with excuses like we cant do this, we're volunteers, we dont have the budget etc"

They weren't excuses it was a response to your comparison of a text based game to various other games out there on the market.

As for information being released about stats all you had to do was ask and I would have given you the info freely. It was always my intention to have more in depth info related to the races and classes posted somewhere but you have to think in the manner of priorities. I can invest the time in doing that now and making sure its done properly and well presented or I can focus my efforts on making the game playable.

I am only one person after all and you can't have both done at the same time.

Now can we please get back to the original topic and have a nice discussion about suggestions without people putting there cranky pants on. :)

FireStarter

Xadriandiablos said on: 08/30/13 10:18 am
(3863 Days, 3 Hrs, 43 Min, 32 Sec ago)

Well, I've been coming to this site to play occasionally for the last 15 years or so (on a different account name back in the day, jedimasteryoda or something like that I can't honestly remember anymore) and WaR2 has been my favorite pass time at this domain(yes it used to be Nations =D).

At any rate, I had a membership for a short while but realized that for gameplay it literally had zero benefits. So my only real reason for having the membership at the time was to be charitable to netnexus as a thanks for all of the fond memories here.

My suggestion is to have in-game membership benefits for WaR2, and other games for that matter, where being a member to the netnexus domain grants you in-game benefits as well.

Examples for WaR2 would be maybe a slightly higher experience rate, slightly increased gold drop rate or discounted items in stores (since the merchanting system is pretty useless right now with the lack of players).

Not only would it make me, and people like me, more inclined to play, but if you were to implement something like this I can't imagine it would damage your revenue any. I'm sure that it would give a larger incentive for players to become members and lend a helping hand financially as they would feel they were getting something useful in return. Look where gaming is nowadays, virtual goods make the world around.

Just a thought,

Thank you.

(Xadriandiablos has posted: 17 forum posts)
User ID: 34884 / Joined: 9/15/2011
Xadriandiablos said on: 08/31/13 8:13 pm
(3861 Days, 17 Hrs, 49 Min, 22 Sec ago)

Oh, one more thing I thought of as I've been playing more and more over the last couple of days..

It would be really nice to see bonuses to melee damage, spell damage, critical damage/percent, etc. based on bonuses from our character type and profession under the "More Stats" option in order to help us establish a better understanding of what kind of damage we'll be dealing against NPC's before we begin fighting unfamiliar ones.

Thanks!

(Xadriandiablos has posted: 17 forum posts)
User ID: 34884 / Joined: 9/15/2011
Clemmage said on: 09/05/13 5:57 pm
(3856 Days, 20 Hrs, 4 Min, 33 Sec ago)

Cost of mana use is too high and should be lowered or brought back to its orignal state. Having to recharge mana every minute and type those numbers isn't good. (compared to classes that only use 1 sta).

Returning after many years.

TL: B.G. EtherealX (Main)

War2:
Tempest Psychic EtherealX LV: (220+) (Main)
Golem Berserker Crackling LV: (90+) (Sub)
Half Giant Wizard MeleeWiz LV: (100+) (When I'm Bored)
(Clemmage has posted: 5 forum posts)
User ID: 4392 / Joined: 11/20/2002
Start New Thread | Post a Reply
Reply To This Thread
To reply to this thread click here. Or you can start your own thread by visiting this page.
Search

Copyright © 2024 netnexus. All rights reserved.     Terms Of Use   Privacy Policy